Olympic Safety Squat Bar
The safety squat bar is a forward cambered, padded bar used in many variations of squats such as front squats, Zercher squat and high-bar back squat. The bar positions the load of the plates more forward of the lifter through the camber and provides over-shoulder, padded handles for stability.
- 30mm shaft/handle width
- 700lb (317kg) rated capacity
- 22 Degrees Camber
- 50mm Sleeves to fit Olympic sized weight plates
- Chrome sleeves and frame
- Soft foam pads for back and shoulders
- Rubber Grips on handle bars
The versatility of a safety squat bar doesn't stop a squat variations, the bar is also extremely valuable during exercises such a good mornings and walking lunges.
The shift of weight forward varies the engagement of muscles, moving the load forward onto the quads and making the posterior change fight to maintain stability. The extra padding on the back and shoulders of the bar decreases the pressure on the upper back, as well as reduces stress on the shoulders during a typical back squat.
Others also bought:
|Dimensions (mm) L*W*H:||2020*430*80|
|Knurl:||Standard, on shaft outside of handles|
|Rated Capacity:||700lb (317.5kg)|
Want to know more about VERVE Barbells? Check out our ULTIMATE BARBELL BUYING GUIDE
Want to know how to clean and maintain your Barbell? CLICK HERE
Great all rounder to start with, grabbed two of these until I can perfect my technique and increase my weight.
Love it .. an my wife finds it so much easier to use.
Excellent quality as always from Verve. I made the mistake of buying another bar from a competitor. Never again. Sharp edges and spikes on the rival bar, ended up with cut fingers and hand.
I will only buy products from Verve from here on in.
Great service, great price for the quality and delivery was fast.
The bar is well made and looks great and the pads are dense with strong hard wearing covers.
My only complaint is that the handles are around 37cm apart (14.75") roughly measured from center to center.
For reference, the Elite version of this bar is around 32cm apart (12.5").
Unfortunately I bought this due to a recent grade 3 AC joint separation of the shoulder and the handles sit right on that acromioclavicular joint putting all the weight on the unsupported shoulder joint rather than back closer to the traps making it useless to my goals and unusable for my wife without modification. I have cut the handles off and rewelded the handles to a more sensible distance apart (decided on 28cm or 11" to put more weight on the traps and axial skeleton rather than the mid shoulder) and also offset the angle of the handles from the bar camber by 15 degrees. Now I have a perfect custom SSB!
Just keep this in mind if you are not 6' 5" and 120kg, if I bought again I'd choose the Elite version.
Fast Australia Wide Shipping
We offer discounted shipping at excellent low rates. You can view your shipping rate at checkout under the shipping options tab, once you have entered your address.
Which Shipping Method Should I Choose At Checkout?
We offer several shipping calculators to ensure each postcode is offered a rate. Simply choose the lowest rate you see for delivery. Regardless of the option chosen at checkout, we send all cartons by Direct Freight Express and any heavy items that require pallet delivery by Mainfreight.
**Our courier does not deliver to PO Boxes or Parcel Lockers**
I'm ordering a lot of items. Do you wait to ship them all together or do you dispatch them as they become available?
We will dispatch your items immediately when they become available, so you may get several shipments from us. You only pay for shipping once and there are no additional charges.
Once your order has been dispatched from our warehouse, we will send an email to notify you. For bulk gym orders contact firstname.lastname@example.org for delivery schedule
Special Delivery Instructions
The delivery company will only deliver the product, they will not bring the product into your home unless special arrangements have been made e.g. technician install. Please contact us if you would like to discuss special delivery options.
When you checkout your order, you will also be given the opportunity to leave any special instructions for the delivery person. Please ensure that you enter any relevant details required for safe delivery to your address.
Order Updates - Shipping / Delivery Process
- Please note that once your items are dispatched from our warehouse, you will receive tracking number(s) via email for tracking purposes.
- You will also receive a confirmation email the day of your anticipated delivery from courier.
- Direct Freight Express handles ALL non-pallet deliveries.
- Direct Freight Express (DFE) may be contacted directly at this number: 1300 347 397
- Due to the volume of deliveries, the DFE system only sends out automated emails and WILL NOT PHONE YOU FOR DELIVERY
- If you are not home to accept delivery, they will re-attempt delivery 2 additional times. If delivery is unsuccessful after the 3rd attempt, your delivery will be returned back to the VERVE warehouse.
- A 2nd delivery fee must be paid to re-dispatch goods from the VERVE warehouse.
- Mainfreight delivers pallets and will make contact with you directly to arrange a suitable delivery time as there must be access for the tailgate lift.
- MAINFREIGHT may be contacted at this number: 07 5514 5600
Please note: The shipping company will leave an unsuccessful delivery card in most cases at your address. Exceptions are if the premises is non-accessible. After 3-days of no contact or further instructions, the package will be automatically returned to our warehouse and a 2nd shipment charge will be due from the customer before goods can be re-dispatched from our warehouse.
We look forward to being of service.
VERVE Customer Satisfaction
VERVE Fitness will strive to ensure you are happy with your online purchase however we advise you to choose your products carefully. The VERVE Online store will offer a full refund within 14 days of delivery of the purchased goods. We also offer the exchange of any product for another size or product to equal value within 14 days of delivery. Proof of purchase must be provided to be eligible for both refund and exchange. Return freight costs are excluded.
The following conditions are to be met in order for you to qualify:
- You must provide 24 hours notice prior to the return of the item/s.
- Be a first time VERVE purchaser of the item/s.
- The item/s and their packaging must be in unused, new condition as it was at the time of purchase, and to be returned to us in all of its original packaging (this includes manuals, bolts, and packaging material) at your own expense – we do not cover return freight. We recommend you use a shipping method with tracking service so you can track your shipment, we credit goods when they arrive in our warehouse, not when they are sent.
- Should the item/s be returned damaged or missing parts they are not eligible for refund.
- The return date must be within the 14 days; sufficient time must be made for the item to be returned to us – this includes travel time.
- Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable.
- VERVE Fitness reserves the right to reject a claim for refund.
- Refunds will be credited electronically back to the credit card/bank account you used at the initial transaction.
Our goal is to supply you quality fitness equipment and all our items come with a one year warranty for home use. Commercial items come with a one year warranty for commercial use. Some items come with a lifetime frame guarantee and this will be specified on the product page. For any warranty issues or questions please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you.